Wednesday, February 4, 2009

wine-oh

Over the weekend, and into this week (since I am not what the title implies, and it takes that long), we tried a new wine, and I have to recommend it simply because I know a lot of people who don't like the acidic taste of wine, or the tannins in it. That being said, let me push on you this Pinot Noir, that actually goes well with chicken, and has a berry-ish taste to it and ALMOST no bite at all. Actually...it's so mild that I was a little bit shocked when I tasted it:


Today I was cursing my fate/criminal record, because I thought I had lost my new job. My background check revealed a record that was supposedly expunged, but HAS NOT been yet, and so of course they were questioning the fact that their new employee had a misdemeanor. Fine, and I can understand that, as ridiculous as the "crime" was, but I am amazed that this thing has, to put it delicately, after 2+ years still come back to bite me in the ass. HHH.

ps-if you were wondering, I got the green-light afterall and everything is a-okay. Phew.

Also we got a street cleaning ticket today, so that didn't really help the mood. Until now, when I am contemplating my fun day in Davis/Folsom tomorrow, and seeing Jennie tonight!

As a little throwback to what ended up improving my mood invariably (aside from my PERFECT husband who I cannot stop gushing over, but I don't want to make you vomit, so SORRY), here is my little moment of the day, stolen from someone's facebook ;)

No comments: