Monday, May 18, 2009

100!

This marks the 100th post in this particular blog...which in reality is no special number, since I only recently relocated sites. So, whatever, it made for an easy title, and THOSE are not easy to just be creative about every day. Sometimes I get so desperate for innovation and creativity in my titles, that I google whatever I can get my sweaty hands on. As you can see, it ranges from pictures of dead kermit puppets to numbers that, let's just be honest, don't mean anything.

Other than Milo laying some little turds in the bathtub on Saturday morning, the weekend was a hot, glorious, event. Not only do I now have the beginnings of a tan (yes!), but I also got to see old friends, help out with wedding stuff, and brush up on my Warcraft 3 skillz. Speaking of which, let me just say that I PWNED every game this weekend, except for the one I thought I would use to show-off to Nolan. He dominated my weakling Hero with no apologies.

Today we hosted a blood drive here, and I donated a pint of myself for the greater good. I wore dark purple, because I have been squirted before, and I think walking around with a blood-stained shirt in a Corporate office would be just a little macabre on any day other than Halloween. And even then.

Something I am not liking about the residual-weekend I have going on, is the slight burn I got on my chest. Yes, right between the...right down the sternum. So every 30 seconds I am itching my chest in awkward places, and reaching down my shirt like I'm about to whip out a magical coloured scarf from my cleavage and wave it at the security cameras that are no doubt fixed on me and my circus antics here. This is one of those moments in which the concept of The Truman Show is too scary for me to handle.

Speaking of scary, I read that budding young (and old) entrepreneurs out there are now capitalizing on death online. I guess it is one of the last frontiers to be canvassed fully online, but...really? On the otherhand, I guess if people are interested, why not? And I can see how it would be good for someone who has massive assets totally stored online. This is a new era, folks. Maybe I should look into a Legacy Locker for myself, just in case Nolan wants to poke someone back from my Facebook account on the event of my death.

No comments: