Wednesday, May 27, 2009

corny

Last night I decided to get corn-on-the-cob for dinner, which was delicious, but while at the market, I picked up some cornish game hens to prepare too. I have always kind of picture cornish hens as like, maybe what an Earl would have eaten in England in the 1800s, but after preparing it, it looks AND tastes like a midget chicken. Though next time, I think I will stuff it with a whole garlic clove instead of minced garlic, because when the juices ran out of the cavity, it looked like our hens were pooping little minced garlic turds. Made 'em hard to finish eating after that.

Our office has been ridiculously cold lately, and my functional capacity has decreased by about 50%, until I go outside and thaw out for a bit. Or even walk around the corner, since my cube is in the corner of the floor fondly called, "the freezer".

This weekend I tried a new kind of lotion. Partly, I have to admit, I was attracted to it because it was oil-like, and I knew I would be in the sun and needed oil to help me tan better. But partly, it sounded so interesting, that I was just curious:

It really does give my skin kind of a glow because it just looks so moisturized, and since it is a gel mostly, it isn't really oily except at first when you put it on. I don't usually just go off recommending stuff unless I really like it, and this...I really.like.

No comments: